About Me

My photo
Jesus Christ changed my life when I was 15 years old. I have given my life to proclaiming Him.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Homeschooling Under Fire in DC

The HSLDA (www.hslda.org) sent us an e-mail yesterday letting us know that the District of Columbia is considering new laws that would radically limit the rights of homeschooling families. Similar legislation in CA was "terminated" (yuk-yuk) by Gov. Schwarzenegger (I will NEVER get used to that). Here was my letter to about a dozen DC legislators. If you care to, you can click the above link to do the same.

Rev.
*************************************************************

Dear Honorable Legislators:

The District of Columbia is considering new regulations on homeschooling that would significantly alter the manner in which families practice home education. I am greatly concerned about the effect this may have within your own community, as well as the potential ripple effect throughout our great nation.

I was a truly reluctant convert to home schooling, yet after watching my children grow intellectually in our home I simply cannot see us doing it any other way. Our children have thrived in a homeschooling environment; they brim with confidence and have a deep love of learning. We are regularly complimented on our children's' academic and social skills. Regrettably, it seems that the exceptions rather than norms often garner the most attention. I wish that you could visit our home, or that of many other homeschooling families, to see the process at work.

Please work to preserve the rights of families in America who have chosen to be personally responsible for their families academic development. Homeschoolers can grow into exceptionally responsible and productive citizens just as well as those in the public school system.

Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,

Bro. J P Williams
Appleton City, MO

1 comment:

Danny Wright said...

I am a member of HSLDA. I'm telling my wife these days that if we loose one more judge on the supreme court to the left, home schooling will become all but illegal. I hope I'm wrong. If it does I'm not sure what I'll do, but I will not hand my children over to them. Any thoughts?