About Me

My photo
Jesus Christ changed my life when I was 15 years old. I have given my life to proclaiming Him.

Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Bi-Polar Prophet

One day, I was sitting in my superior's office and he was asking me if I had "gotten over" something that I was wrestling with in my spiritual life. "Mostly," I replied "but I still struggle each day with it and other issues..." This was followed by a pregnant silence. Not being the silent type, I continued, "I suppose that in some ways I am like Elijah." The response to this was an immediate indignant and bewildered expression. The wheels were really squeaking now, "How dare this vile urchin compare himself to the great prophet Elijah!" Then came the response, "Oh, how's that?" "Because he had this sort of bi-polar nature. One day he is conquering in the name of the Most High on Mt. Carmel, and the next day he is singing "Sixteen Tons" under the broom tree..."

It got really quiet after that, so I think I said I had to go study, but I just went to mope some more.

Rev.

No comments: