About Me

My photo
Jesus Christ changed my life when I was 15 years old. I have given my life to proclaiming Him.

Monday, May 4, 2009

What!? Me Worry?

"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matt 6:34 (NASB)

Although I know what Jesus said about worry, about anxiety, I continually find myself trimming my nails with my teeth. Every move I make, every step I take, every word that I speak... it is constantly scrutinized, sifted through, raked over. Somehow, the warmth of a hundred compliments is chilled by the fear of one criticism. The Enemy prowls around like a lion, crouching at my door, waiting to strike, or has he already struck? Is this constant unsettlement his greatest weapon against me? Fear, reticence. Holding me back. 

What if they don't understand what I say?

What if they don't like my appearance?

What if they shoot the messenger?

Well... I have another question...

WHAT IF I BREAK FREE?

What glory have I missed on the field of battle by rehashing my strategy?
What gain have I missed while counting the cost?
What moments have fluttered by as I have fretted away?
Can I shake these fetters?

I just did. 
Amen.

It was for freedom that Christ set us free; 
therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.  
Gal 5:1 (NASB)

No comments: