About Me

My photo
Jesus Christ changed my life when I was 15 years old. I have given my life to proclaiming Him.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Robot or Human?

The Overstock.com Chronicles: Episode One

As part of our Christmas gifts, Vicki and I got new hiply mispelled (thank you Roe) Razr phones and I scored some ultra cheap headsets on Overstock.com. They are great little devices. I got Vicki and H500 ("Red" edition, remeber the AIDs campaign that lasted like 48hrs?) and myself the H700. Below is my live chat session with Overstock representative "Mario", I am pretty sure that is not his real name... Anyhow, I hope you will enjoy this conversation as much as I did

A few notes: While I was waiting for the "initiate the return", I was able to read a few Lostpedia articles (did you know there were anagrams in Room 23!?!?!, do some eBay surfing , and realized I was hungry for lunch... My final question was apparently a real whollop, it took about five minutes to get a response. I suppose they have other clinets on the line or something. I was most unhappy however that I would have to wait about two weeks to get this settled from start to finish. I'll be sure to update this issue as it develops!

******************************************* .. type="text/javascript">function scrollwindow() { try{ scroll(0, 50000); }catch(e){} } ..> ..

This functionality requires JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript and try again. To read the LivePerson accessibility policy, please go to the Liveperson accessibility policy page.
.. ..>..>..>..>

Welcome to Overstock.com's Customer Service Live Chat! You will be joined with a chat representative as quickly as possible. (Less than 2 minutes)
Chat InformationWelcome to Overstock.com Customer Service, you are now chatting with Mario.
Mario: Thanks for visiting Overstock.com, this is Mario, how can I help you?
you: Yes
you: I purchased an H700 headset and might be having problems with the device
you: It was a refurb, what should I do
you: https://www.overstock.com/orders?inv_id=XXXXXXX
Mario: I'll be glad to check that for you.
Mario: May I have your order number or email address please?
you: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
you: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Mario: For security purposes, can you please verify the name and billing address on the account?
you: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
you: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Mario: Thanks for verifying the details.
Mario: Are you referring to the ''Motorola H700 Silver Bluetooth Headset"?
you: Yes
you: It crackles almost constantly when I am using it
Mario: Thank you for confirming the item.
Mario: To help you better ca you be more specific about the issue?
you: Most of the time, when I am talking on the deadset, there is a "crackling" noise.
you: It is the sort of sound you get when you walk too far from the phone or the battery is dying, but I get it about 70% of the time I use the device
Mario: Thank you for the information.
Mario: I understand that you received the item as defective.
Mario: Am I correct?
you: I am really not sure what is going on.
you: That is why I contacted you guys.
Mario: I'm really sorry that you have received this item in a defective condition.
Mario: I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Mario: Since you've received a defective item, I'll initiate a return for replacement.
Mario: Is that okay with you?
you: Wow
you: What does that entail?
Mario: Please be online while I initiate the return and give you the return instructions through this chat.
you: Are you still there?
Mario: Thanks for being on hold. I appreciate your patience.
Mario: John, I have initiated a return on your item for a replacement.
Mario: Your Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number is XXXXXXXX.
you: What should I do next?
Mario: The RMA number is necessary for the appropriate processing of your return, so please do not send items back without the RMA number.
Mario: We will email you return instructions and a free return shipping label. The email will arrive in 1-2 business days and will include instructions on how to print the label.
Mario: Simply tape the free shipping label on the outside of the box and ship it back to our warehouse.
Mario: To qualify for a replacement, please send the item back to us with the original packaging, manufacturer's container, documentation, warranty cards, manuals and all accessories. Do not mark or deface original manufacturer containers in any manner.
Mario: I recommend you to get a receipt or a signature when you drop off your package at an authorized shipping service.
Mario: All returns must be received back in the Overstock.com warehouse 30 days from the date initiated.
Mario: Your replacement order will be sent to you under order 41346645 once your returned item reaches our warehouse and our certified technicians have tested the item.
Mario: It takes 2 business days from when we receive the returned item at our warehouse to process it. Your replacement order will be shipped out within 1-3 business days after processing.
you: The item only came in a bubble envelope, there was no cardboard. Is that a problem?
Mario: This replacement order will take 5-10 business days to reach you, once it has been shipped.
Mario: Please return the item as it was sent to you.
Mario: Did I explain the return process clearly to your satisfaction?
you: If your technicians deem that the item is not defective, then what happens?
Mario: Our specialized representative will decide on that.
Mario: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
you: Um, that does not really answer my question.
you: So then, it take about two weeks for the exchange process to be completed?
Mario: Our specialized representative will decide on that and see whether the replacement order could be sent to you or not.
Mario: If the does not qualify for the replacement they will contact you again via email or phone.
Mario: Did I explain the return process clearly to your satisfaction?
you: Will they simply return my device then?
Mario: I do understand your concern.
you: I will just wait for the return package to arrive.
you: Thank you
you: for your help.
Mario: However, I would like to tell you that since the returned item is only inspected by our specialized representative they will contact you with the detail information if the item is found to be not defective.
Mario: You are most welcome.
Mario: Do you have any further question for me?
you: That will do for now.
Mario: We look forward for your continued business with us.
you: God bless and take care
Mario: Happy New Year to you and your family.
Mario: Thanks for visiting Overstock.com. Your feedback is important. Please click 'Close' and complete the brief survey which appears. It takes less than one minute.

No comments: